Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Chapter 27: Betrayal Times Two


"Ashley!" John exclaimed as he saw her standing in the doorway with Stacey. He couldn't believe she had shown up at the very worst possible time.


Her face was filled with unbelievable pain and tears were welling up in her eyes. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. She had to get away. She turned and ran for the stairs and John dropped the tape and  chased after her.

Stacey entered the room totally pissed off. She grabbed up the tape and put it in the ridiculous hand written case Alec had made for it.

"All of you assholes should really be ashamed of yourselves! You have no damn idea what that girl has already been through! She looked around. "Who made this tape? Did Johnny know about it?"

Alec just sat there looking at her. Nobody answered her and Tracy giggled a little.

"What the hell are you laughing at bitch?" Stacey yelled, as her last nerve was being worked.

"God it's just sex, what is she so uptight about? She did okay I guess. She should be proud, I mean she bagged Johnny. I could have really shown him what a real woman is, though." She laughed.

"Look here you trashy slut! I can tell you what the big deal is! My cousin had never even had sex before last night! She was a virgin! I'm sure you'd have to go way back to remember even being one!" Stacey snapped back and it seemed to wipe that shitty grin right off Tracy's face.

"How would y'all like the first time you ever had sex to be on a tape? And walk in and a bunch of perverts are sitting there watching you on the damn screen!"

"Well she should have thought about that before little miss innocent laid down with Johnny and spread her legs!" Tracy came back with a smug grin.

"Oh you bitch I'm fixing to beat your ass! Stacey dropped the tape and lunged toward Tracy and Richie and Jack grabbed her.

"Let me go Richie! Damn it! Let me go now!"

"Come on, calm down." They walked her out of the door into the hall.

Richie looked at her very sincerely. "Look, here's the tape. We didn't know about it. We just found out a few minutes ago. We thought it was Alec with a girl. Johnny didn't know either. He was just as shocked, when he looked up on that screen, as we were."

Ashley ran down the stairs and almost slipped. The memory of her bad fall came back and she was almost hysterical. John reached her at the bottom step and grabbed her arm.

"Ashley wait! I didn't know about the tape! I swear I didn't!"



She tried to break free. "No John stop!" She pushed him away! And hurried to the door. "Ashley!" He hollered and chased after her again, out the door.

When the door slammed a confused Dorothea looked up from the couch and laughed. "What the hell was that all about?"

A guy sitting there replied, "I'm not sure but Alec was up stairs showing a film he took of Johnny and that girl having sex."

"Are you serious, Johnny and her, the blonde that just left?"

"Yeah, definitely! I watched it! I won't ever forget that girl, Ashley!" He chuckled.

"God I can't believe they slept together!" Dot replied as she rushed to the door to try to get a look at where they went."

Outside Ashley had run to the beach. It had always calmed her down, but not tonight.


John walked over to her. "I know this looks so bad. But I swear I didn't know anybody was recording us making love! Baby I promise!"

Ashley didn't give a response. She had tried to guard herself from betrayal and pain only to end up here, once again.

"I love you! Please believe me! I'm sorry, I'm so damn sorry, I ever asked you to have sex, here in this house!"

She slowly turned toward him. He saw just how hurt and upset she really was.


"Stop saying you love me! You don't love me! I trusted you. Everybody warned me about you so many times and I was too damn dumb to listen to Bret or anybody! You and your friends can really laugh it up about me now! Did you have some sort  of bet to see just how fast you could get me in bed?"

"Hell no Ashley! I couldn't ever do that to you."

 "I made it so damn easy for you too!" She continued to pour out her hurt and anger.

"You have every right to be upset! But I really don't think a lot of people saw it!"

"God John, there's a room full upstairs! And a guy came up to me tonight at the Fast Lane telling me how much he loved my tits and birthmark and how great my body was without my clothes on! He knew my damn name!"

John's face stiffened. "What were you doing at the Fast Lane? You know I don't want you going there without me?"

"God John! Stacey just wanted me to have a drink with her!"


"Well who was the guy? You just tell me who it was I'll fucking hurt him!"



"I don't know him! I had never seen him before! How can I show my face around this town ever again? What if somebody tells my Dad?  I've got to get out of here!" She stood up.

"No Ashley you can't go. Baby I'm sorry! What can I do to fix this?"

"There's nothing  you can do!"


"You can't run away again! I looked everywhere for you when you disappeared at my Grandma's today!  I was so worried about you!"

Then his mind flashed back to Richie saying she had got a ride from Jake and his anger took over.

"But how in the hell did you end up in the damn car with Jake?"

"Oh no! I'm not getting into that shit with you right now!" She turned to leave.

He put his hand on her shoulder. She shrugged it off. "Don't touch me!" 

Stacey walked up. "I've got the tape, let's get the hell out of here!"

" Please don't go Ashley. We need to talk about this!"

"Just leave her alone Johnny, you've done enough!"

"I didn't know anybody was filming it, I swear!"

"Well if that's true then you should be kicking somebody's ass!" Stacey turned with Ashley and they started to walk away.

"Ashley  I love you!" He called after her.

Her tears streamed down her face. But she was determined not to let her self turn around. They made it to the driveway. When she got in the car, he saw she was crying. It really pulled at his heartstrings. They backed up and drove away. 

John was still standing there. Feeling like she had just driven off with his heart. He wiped the corner of his eyes and his concern for Ashley was replaced with his need to kick somebody's ass.

A blind rage was building inside him. Somebody had caused this. The girl he loved most, to just walk away from him. To be in so much damn pain. He turned toward the house. He hoped Alec was still somewhere inside. He opened the door and Alec had fled to the living room. He was standing at the bar, mixing him a drink.

Richie and Jack stood up. They knew by the look on Johnny's face a shit storm was brewing and Alec was about to be the recipient of a good old fashioned Jersey ass kicking.

"Alec!" John yelled from the door. 

"What?" He looked up. As everybody stopped what they were doing, to watch the confrontation.



"You didn't answer me upstairs! Where the fuck did you get that tape?" John was mad as hell, and he wanted answers.


"It was a joke man!" He laughed. "Just a damn joke!"


John ran across the room and grabbed him by the neck and threw him up against the wall.

"Johnny stop it man! You can't be breaking shit in here!" Jack yelled.

"Fuck that!" John hissed at Jack! And tightened his hold on Alec's neck.

"A joke? Ashley just left here in fucking tears man and you think it's a joke!"

John was so pissed nobody could ever remember seeing Johnny this damn mad before.

"No she wasn't supposed to see it like that! I'm sorry about that, I really am, Johnny!"

"What did you do climb up on the damn roof?" John yelled with his eyes glazed over with fury.

"Yeah man, me and David!"

"David was in on this shit too?" John felt the sting of being betrayed by more than one of his friends.

"Yeah we were goofing around. We never thought she would actually let you fuck her! We were only hoping you'd get her shirt and bra off, so we could see her rack! But when you got all her clothes off, I just kept filming! I mean she is a fucking prime piece of ass man! And by the look on your face, she had to be the best piece of pussy you ever got!"

"You motherfucker!" John rared back and punched Alec right in his jaw and he fell to the floor and John jumped on him and just started hitting him over and over.

"Damn Johnny! You're going to kill him!" Richie yelled.

Richie and Jack grabbed John and pulled him back. 

"Oh it's a t k o!" Jack laughed as Alec laid there totally knocked out.

"Let me go!" John yelled, breaking free. "Where's David?" He asked, still a little out of control.

"He hasn't been here since he left this morning." Jack replied.

"I'll find him!" John headed for the door.

He pulled up at David's and knocked. His Mom answered the door.

"Is David here?"

"It's a little late Johnny. But yeah he's in his room. Is something wrong? You look upset."

"I just need to see him."

"Okay, go on back there."

"Thanks."

David's door was open so he walked right in and shut it.

"Johnny!" David sat up on his bed. John's face was hard and David knew he was pissed.


"Hey man, what's up? You look like you want to kill somebody!" David stood up trying to feel him out to see what he knew.

"Just stop! I know about the fucking video of me and Ashley and I know you were in on it!"


"It wasn't my idea man, it was all Alec's! That chick he brought over had that camera and he thought it would be funny to climb up to the roof and goof around with it. I didn't know Ashley would pick that night to let you go all the way with her!"

"Did you know the asshole's been showing it around to a lot of people?"

"No I didn't man! I didn't even watch it myself, I swear!"

"Well you should have at least told me! John yelled pacing back and forth. "Ashley walked in on it playing, in front of a room of people and she's fucking devastated man!"

"I'm sorry Johnny! We were drunk and thought it would be funny! Are you gonna jump on Alec?"

"Already did and knocked him fucking unconscious! Then I came looking for you!" John replied, and the hardness of his face hadn't eased up any.


"I'm sorry man, I really am. I felt bad about it when I sobered up. I wished I hadn't let him do it. But I didn't film it and I sure as hell didn't show it to anybody! Are we okay here, or do you still feel the need to rearrange my face?"

"Damn it David! This shit really hurt her! I've never seen her so upset!"

"Is there anything I can do?" David asked sincerely.

"No just don't keep shit from me, that I need to know! If I had known about the damn tape, I could have stopped him before he showed it to anybody! And Ashley wouldn't have ever known."

"Okay, I'm sorry. I fucked up."

"Okay I guess. I've got to go." John left disappointed in David. Truth be known he wasn't so surprised that Alec would be involved in some shit like this. But he was closer with David, and this hurt him a little more than he let him know.

John walked out to his car. He just sat there behind the wheel, a few minutes. "I've got to make it up to her. I took her there. They were my damn friends. God I hope she doesn't leave me over this shit!" He sat there and thought to himself. He cranked up and drove home.

As he pulled up he looked over at her bedroom window. Her light was on. It killed him, not to go over there and apologize to her a thousand times. For letting her down, for being indirectly responsible for all her pain, for being a dumbass in general.

"What was I thinking? I knew all those assholes were running around! I never should have taken her there! She's not going to forgive me for this! I don't want to lose her!"

He went inside and went up to his bed. He laid awake thinking of ways to make it up to her. "She doesn't even believe, that I didn't know about the damn tape." He thought as he was lying there. An idea popped into his head, but he needed some money first. Finally he drifted off to sleep.

When he woke up he got dressed and headed to the Fast Lane.

He walked in and went over to the bar. "Hey Mike can I get my check a little early this week?"

"I can't okay that, man. You'll have to talk to Bret or Harold, he's here today. "

"Where's Harold at?"

"In his office. Go on back."

"Thanks man."

John walked back and knocked on Harold's door. He was hoping to avoid Bret.

"Yeah, come in."

"Hey Harold. Thanks again for getting me out of jail."

"No problem Johnny, come on in. Can I help you with something?"

'Do you think I could get my check a little early this week? I really need it."


"Sure, hold on let me go find it." Harold left for a few minutes and came back.

"Here it is Johnny. I didn't realize this was  all you were making working here. Listen I have the other club Galaxy and I'm wanting to buy Xanadu. I am going to need a lot of help between all three clubs. I need to get  a house band started at Galaxy and I need a bunch of painting and a lot of other stuff done.  If you don't mind doing odd jobs and some handyman type stuff for me I can probably pay you three hundred or maybe a little more a week."

"Are you serious Mr. Harold? I would do anything you need!" John grinned and was so excited.

"Good deal. Don't you got that hot blonde girlfriend? You're going to need more than forty-two dollars a week to keep her happy!" He laughed.

"I hope she's still my girlfriend I was really dumb and she's mad at me. That's why I wanted my check,  to buy her some flowers."

"Good thinking. She'll love that. Hey you don't know anybody wanting to buy a 280 zx do you?"

"Your hot little white car? I sure do! Me, but I can't afford it right now."

"Well look, we can work something out with your new job. I'm not using it and it's just been parked in the back parking lot." He dug around in the drawer and pulled out a set of keys. "Here you go. It's a great car. Just don't be hot rodding it though."

"God Harold are you sure? That car is fine!"

"It is but it's too damn low to the ground for me. I'm having some trouble with my knees and it's hard as hell for me to get in and out of it anymore. So it's just been sitting up here."

"Oh thank you so much! God I can't wait to drive it!"

"Well be careful and don't let it get away from you!"

"Here's my card call me tomorrow afternoon and I'll let you know what I need you to do and when to get started."


"Thanks Mr. Harold, you don't know how much you are helping me out."

"You're welcome. You're like a Godson to me. Of course I'm going to look out for you. And Johnny, here's a little more money. Get your girl the red rose special over at Sayreville Florist. Tell Debbie I sent you. She'll fix you up!"

"Oh thank you so much."

John got the check and the extra forty dollars and walked out to Mike. "Can you cash this for me?"

"Okay, here you go. Forty-two dollars."

"Thanks man."

John went out back where he knew the 280 was. He had always loved this freaking car. Since the first day Harold showed up over at his house with it, to show it to his Dad.

"Damn now I'll be riding in style!" He smiled and got behind the wheel.

John left and drove over to Sayreville Florist. And went inside.

At first he didn't see anybody and then an older pretty blonde lady walked out from the back.

"Hello can I help you?"

"I want to order some flowers for my girlfriend."


"Okay any special occasion?"

"No she's just mad at me." He smiled.

"Well you're a cutie and you're here buying her flowers, I'm sure she'll get over it. Well how about a dozen roses?"

"Harold Alfonsi sent me. He told me to ask for Debbie and she'd give me the red rose special."

"Sure Harold sends a lot of business our way and I'm Debbie."

"How much are they?" John asked hoping he had enough.

"A lot more than I'm going to charge you, because you know Harold." She smiled. "Forty will cover it. Do you need them delivered or do you want to take them with you?"

"If I could get them now, it would be great."

"Okay, it will be just a few minutes.

"So is this young lady pretty special to you?"

"Yeah, I'm crazy about her."

"Okay pick a card."

"The one with the hearts." John pointed.

"Here write what you want to say and sign the card."

John paid for the flowers and took them out to his car. He couldn't believe how many roses he got. "Wow Ashley loves roses and she is totally going to love all of these." He thought as he pulled away from the shop.






He drove straight over to her house. He went up to the door and knocked.

Stacey pulled the door open and stepped outside and shut the door.

"So what happened? Did you find out who it was?"

"It was Alec, he recorded it. David was with him but he didn't really do anything. And Alec was the one showing it around."

"So what did you do about it?"

"I beat his ass unconscious, right in front of everybody at Jack's. Richie and Jack had to pull me off him. He was knocked out cold."

"Good, that asshole deserved every bit of it too!" Stacey grinned.

"You can go now if you want to, I'll stay with her." John smiled.

"Johnny, I don't know if she will even see you."

"She will, I brought her a surprise. Go look in my car."

Stacey walked to the car. "Oh my God! Is this your car?"

"Yeah, I just got it."

"Wow it's pretty. Aww Johnny the roses are gorgeous! That's at least a hundred dollars worth of flowers! Where'd you get the money for that?"

"I got paid today."

"Well it will be a surprise for sure! She loves roses! You did good Johnny."

"Thanks should I take them in or bring her out here?"

"I'll go get her." Stacey smiled.

"Ashley come outside, there's a surprise for you."

"What is it?"

"Come on."

She walked outside and saw John standing by a white car.
"Hey baby. Do you like my new car?"

"It's nice John." She replied showing no emotion at all.

"I've got you a surprise." He smiled.

"You didn't have to."

"I wanted to. Come here."

He grabbed her and pulled her into his arms. "God you feel good. Please forgive me Ashley. I didn't know they were up there filming it, but I feel like it's my fault because I took you there in the first place."

He pulled back and looked at her sad blue eyes.

"I would rather die than see you hurting like this."

"It's all I can think about. It was the happiest most special time of my life but now it's tainted and ugly!"

"No it's not! We were together, it was beautiful. Don't let that stupid shit ruin it Ashley! I'm crazy about you and we made love and it was wonderful. So there was a video of it, that  people watched. The only damn thing they saw was too good looking people that were totally in love, making love to each other.  There is nothing tainted or ugly about that baby. I love you."

"But they saw me naked!" She whined.

"Well I hate to be the one to break it to you. But your smoking hot! You don't have a damn thing to be embarrassed about there. Look at me, they saw my pasty white ass. I'm really getting a complex about it. I'm thinking of going down to the beach and laying out nude just to get some color on my tush!"

She laughed. "No you're not."


"I'm serious my ass is too white. God you're so beautiful when you smile baby."

"John." Shyly she looked away.

"Here look what I got you." He opened the door.


"Oh my God John! They are beautiful! But how can you afford that? You counted change for your Grandma's presents yesterday!"

"I'm doing extra work for Harold. And I'm buying this car from him. He's going to let me start a house band over at Club Galaxy."

"I'm so proud of you. I love how you get so happy talking about being in a band. You deserve to really make it big someday and when you do and you've moved on, I will be able to say, that hot guy up on stage used to be my boyfriend."

"No you won't! I'm not going anywhere. You can say that hot guy up on stage is my boyfriend and he's great in the sack!" He grinned.

She laughed. "Oh my Lord."


He leaned over and began to kiss her and their hands were roaming each other's bodies.

Stacey began to clear her throat. "Damn y'all really do need to get a room. Or I guess you can do it anywhere now! It doesn't have to be special anymore! Hell ya'll can get busy in the backseat, just like the rest of us!" She laughed.

And John and Ashley laughed too.

"Let me get my pretty flowers."

"Here, I'll get them." John grabbed them and walked inside with her.

John sat down on the couch as she read her card. "Oh my God John, that's beautiful. I love it! Thank you so much."



"You're welcome baby."

Ashley reached in her purse and pulled out the tape. Here I want you to tear this up. I don't want anybody to ever watch it again!"

John pulled the tape out and tore most of it to bits and ripped the cover of the case into small pieces. "Well that's it, the best night of my life gone." John sighed.

"No it'll never be gone. My memory of that night was way better than what I saw on that tape. The way you made me feel and how much I love you. You couldn't see that on the screen."

"God I love you Ash. We'll have other times to make videos. When I move out I plan to have cameras at every angle of my big waterbed."

"You have a big waterbed?"

"No I got to buy one when I buy all the cameras." He chuckled.


"You're crazy." She laughed.

"I know and I'm definitely crazy about you."

Across town Alec was looking in the mirror at his face and wincing from the pain where John had knocked him on his ass.



He's face was fucked up. As he looked it over, he couldn't believe nobody helped get Johnny off of  him sooner. Truth was he wasn't that worried about John, until he saw his eyes. He knew then there was hell to pay. He really didn't think John would be so mad over some girl, he barely knew. His only consolation now was he heard Johnny went after David.

 "At least I won't be the only one with fucking bruises on my face." He thought.

He was pissed at first and sitting there feeling sorry for himself. But then he remembered something that made him smile. He laid back on his comfortable bed, smoking a cigarette and picked up a shoebox that held two tapes and a wad of cash in it.

He wasn't the dumbass everybody thought he was. He actually had made some copies of the tape, for himself and a buddy of his. Imagine his surprise when a random  stranger offered him three hundred dollars for one of the extra tapes. 

"Damn maybe I should make some more of these and make a few bucks off my hard work." He smiled, picked up his vcr remote, and pushed play.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 93: A Perfect Night

John was trying to finish the last swallow of a beer he had grabbed out of the fridge. He wasn't worried in the least about mixing his m...