Monday, July 12, 2021

Chapter 92: You're Mine

 Ashley's hands began to shake a little as she held the paper reading the words that were putting fear into her heart. "Who is this guy? Why is he so fixated on me?" She wondered as she looked up frantically around her neighborhood expecting the author of this note to jump out at any second.

"What is it Ash?" Ricky asked. Watching her almost tremble in fear.

"Somebody keeps putting these notes on my car. He's watching me." She spoke but couldn't take her eyes off of the piece of paper.



"What?" Her brother looked around for anyone that might have left the note. Surely it was some type of joke. He turned back to her and quickly grabbed the piece of paper out of her hand when she finished reading and looked up. Silently he began reading it to himself not really knowing what to think.

Ashley

You're in all my thoughts. I can't get you out of my head. It drives me crazy that you are still with Bongiovi. When I see him touch you I want to rip his face off. I can't go on this way. We belong together! If you won't get rid of him I will! You're mine and I won't let him be in our way any longer!!

"This has to be a joke Ash. Somebody is just messing with you." He looked up from the paper into her eyes and saw that she was terrified.

"No it's not! This guy has been following me!"

"Come on." He put his arm around her and gently guided her back toward the house. "Look he's gone now." He looked all around the yard and down the street. "Let's just go back inside."

"No, I've got to go meet Jon. He's waiting for me. I have to warn him! This guy is crazy! I think he wants to hurt him!"

"Okay, just be careful. I know I give you a lot of shit, but you are my sister and I care about you."

"Aww Ricky, I do believe that's the sweetest thing you have ever said to me." She gave him a halfhearted smile.

"Well I really mean it. I know I'm an asshole most of the time. You and Kelly are my sisters and I ain't putting up with anybody fucking around with y'all."

"I appreciate that more than you will ever know." She turned and walked over to her car. She got in and gave a slight wave to Ricky as she drove away. 

Jon was standing in front of his bathroom mirror looking at the 4th shirt he had tried on. "Nope not this one! It has a big ass stain on it! He yelled starting to get frustrated. He wanted everything to be perfect tonight.

"Damn it!" He shook his head and quickly unbuttoned it and threw his blue and black shirt in the small pile forming on the floor next to his bed. 


He grabbed in his closet and tried on another one. "Cool this is better." It was actually one of Richie's shirts, he had left it here a couple months ago. He grinned and put some finishing touches on his hair. "Damn I look good!" He smiled looking into his dresser mirror. 


Now he couldn't wait for Ashley to get here. "I wonder what's taking her so long?" He grabbed up his wallet and keys.

Ashley pulled on to Main St. and noticed a car following close behind her. He stomach dropped as her fears rushed into her mind, causing her pulse to race. She quickly changed lanes and looked in her rearview mirror only to see the driver doing the same. She began to frantically drive. Moving in and out of traffic, knowing she had to get to Jon. As she pulled onto Ocean Avenue she looked back for the car that had been following her. It was gone. She pulled into Jon's apartments. She parked right next to his mustang. She turned the car off and sat there in the dark. So glad nobody had pulled in behind her. She began to question herself. "You're losing it Ash! You've got to get a grip!" Then a banging started on her window and her heart began to race uncontrollably. In her terrified state, she looked at her driver's side window to find Jon standing there with a big smile on his face.




"Jon!" She cried out and opened the door and rushed into his arms. "You scared me to death!" She buried her face in his jacket with her heart still racing a mile a minute.

"I'm sorry." He began to laugh. I didn't mean to." He pulled back to give her a kiss and noticed how upset she really was. "What's wrong Ash?"

"I thought somebody was following me here. I got another note on my car!"



"At your Dad's house? That fucker followed you there!" John yelled feeling helpless that this guy knew where Ashley lived. "That's it Ashley, you have to move back in here with me! I won't take no for an answer! I have to know you're Okay!"

"But John, I!" He put his hand up to her mouth to stop her from arguing with him.

"No!" He shook his head. "I love you girl! I'm sorry about everything that's happened, but I love you and I can't let you get hurt or worse from some damn psycho! I won't just stand back and let it happen! Where's the note?"

Ashley hesitantly reached inside her car and brought it out slowly, her hands almost trembling.

John grabbed it and walked over to a street light and began reading it. His eyes were glazed over and and his jaw was clenched. "Damn it! Who the hell is this guy?" He looked around the parking lot almost hoping this guy would appear so they could have it out once and for all. He turned back to Ashley. "Look everything us going to be okay. Please don't let this ruin our night."

"But Jon!" She protested. "He said he's going to hurt you! I can't go through that again! When my Dad almost killed you, I blamed myself so much. You are everything to me and you almost died! I couldn't live with myself, if something happened to you again because of me!" She turned away from him to wipe the tears forming in the corner of her eyes. "I think this is for the best, we need to.......

Jon grabbed her forcefully and turned her back to him. "Oh no you don't! Look at me! He grabbed her face turning her big blue eyes to his. "No way am I letting you do this! You're mine! I love you! We're meant to be together! We have fought too hard and come too damn far to let some asshole come between us! "Do you love me?" He stared deep into her eyes wanting an answer.

"You know I do." She wiped away tears as they ran down her face.

"And that's why we can't let this jerk or anybody else come between us!" He pulled her into his arms for a long embrace. She felt warm and safe like nothing or nobody could ever hurt them.

"Come on, let's go out. I planned this big date for us. I promise you will love it." He smiled trying so hard to convince her.

"Okay, but you have to be careful. He said he would hurt you John!"

"You let me worry about that. I will be fine."

"I need to go upstairs and fix my face."

"Okay but you're already beautiful. I don't know what else you could do."

She smiled. "Thanks but I'm a mess. It won't take me long." She hurried up the stairs as he walked up behind her.

As the apartment door shut. A cigarette lit up in the parking lot next door. A car was parked with a very unhappy man sitting in the driver's seat.


He had been watching the whole exchange between Jon and Ashley and couldn't control his anger anymore. "Okay Bongiovi, if that's the way you want it!" He reached into his glove box and pulled out a gun. He loaded some bullets into it as he watched Jon's door for any sign of movement. "You didn't listen to my warning. It's time to show you, I'm not playing."







4 comments:

  1. Wreszcie tak długo czekałam i się doczekałam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sorry it took so long. So glad you liked it. Working on another chapter now. ❤😊

      Delete
  2. Nie mogę się doczekać następnego rozdziału

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I will have another chapter out soon. 😊❤

      Delete

Chapter 93: A Perfect Night

John was trying to finish the last swallow of a beer he had grabbed out of the fridge. He wasn't worried in the least about mixing his m...